To raise funds towards paying back our Waratah Loan and being able to develop & equip the facilities at Waratah equally with The Miranda Junior Club.
This includes the need to develop a number of displays of tributes to our history within our new facility. We have very few old items as we have never had a place to display them so new versions of our records need to be developed / collected and displayed in the function area at Waratah over the next 12 months. We also will have other joint expenses to fit out the club properly with Miranda Bombers.
- A $200 donation gets your name on an honour board in the clubrooms forever. You have until April 30 to pay in full but register now.
- Donors to the Waratah Club Foundation are included at no charge.
- The objective is to initially target Current players and “The Old Boy network” and then Friends and Family which would include club sponsors who are actively contribution in 2017.
- The target would be to unveil the display and honour board on our annual old boy’s day later in the season. (Probably July)
- Smaller donations than $200 would also be appreciated and they will be acknowledged but not part of the Honour board displayed. ($50/$100/$150 or whatever you can afford)
Sutherland Australian Football Club was founded in 1972 and had its home ground at Fortress Gwawley for many years until a new facility was opened at Waratah oval in 2016 which we share with The Miranda Bombers Junior Football Club. Over those years the club has been known as “Sutho” / The Southern Sharks and since 2008 as The Southern Power.
While we made the most of the modest facilities at Gwawley and have enjoyed some success over the years the reality is that to go to the next level we need a home and facilities to a decent standard to grow. We are The Sutherland Shires only Senior Football Club and to see so many Junior’s bypass us over the years is a tragedy.
We now have the opportunity to change that and adding a successful Senior Women’s team and now youth girls teams as well is part of a very marketable “new” package.
“The future is as great as we all now make it”.
Our new offering gives us much more to offer Junior Clubs and potential sponsors and this initiative gives you the chance to be acknowledged as a financial supporter and have you name on a permanent honour board in the new room at Waratah along with other memorabilia we will collect to “Honour the past and Secure the future”.
The club along with Miranda Junior Club has had to find about $55000 and that meant getting a $25k loan to ensure we did not let the opportunity slip.
The current executive with a club supporter as Guarantor made that decision to take a loan with member’s approval.
We want to pay down most of that debt ASAP even though we have a 2 year window to do so. Carrying that debt to future committees and members risks us not being able to move ahead as a club.
PLEASE GET ON BOARD and Invite others to do so as well.
Please pay direct to:
Name: Sutherland Australian Football Club
Name / Nickname preferred to go on the board ………………………………
Please also notify Brian Cloney at firstname.lastname@example.org to capture your information or ask for further details. (0418900052 Mobile / (02) 9543-4319 Home)